9.22.2012

Happy Fall!

Today begins my favorite season of the year. M and I kicked it off right with apple picking, cider donut eating, and pumpkin/pumpkin butter buying at Honey Pot Hill Farms in Stow, MA. I went to this place a couple years ago with friends, and I remembered loving the whole experience. After a subpar apple picking last year, I decided we should go back for the hot cider donuts. We were not disappointed! We picked a small bag full of McIntosh, Gala, Red Delicious, Spartan, and Cortland apples. I'm making pie tomorrow for some friends coming over and maybe some muffins for work on Monday. It's officially fall, which means it's officially baking season in our house. We also picked up a small pumpkin, so tonight I'm going to roast the seeds and boil the meat for pumpkin muffins and bread.

Our next three weekends are busy with a trip (Montreal!), birthday/housewarming party, and a Georgia wedding, so we're soaking up our leisure time at home in jammies. I hope your Fall began just as relaxed as ours.


No comments: