11.26.2012

Made | Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread

Among the things I learned last week, I learned that browned butter smells like caramel. Or rather, the smell of caramel is really just the smell of butter heated beyond its original purpose to its grander potential. This recipe calls for browned butter to be spread all over the rolled out dough then sprinkled with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon and nutmeg. The dough you've been kneading and mixing and nurturing for the past four hours, finally meeting its own grand potential. It's all very magical.
The magical browned-butter-cinnamon-nutmeg-sugar dough is then sliced into little squares and placed into a greased loaf pan. Then the dough begins its final rise while you take pictures of it in natural lighting.
After it's cooked, those little slices so full of potential are fused into one big loaf of cinnamon caramelized sweetness, but not too much. A little powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla glaze drizzled over the top and on the sides for dipping when you pick a little piece off the edge as you wait for dinner to be ready.
I won't lie and say this bread didn't use a lot of dishes and make a big old mess. 
But I'd be lying if I said it wasn't worth it. 

You can find the recipe here. Add walnuts and a cup of strong coffee to make any morning feel like a Sunday. You're welcome.

2 comments:

AbbieBabble said...

Oh dear me. I need to make that, ASAP.

Christine D. | The Plumed Nest said...

oh my gosh. that looks heavenly!