12.03.2012

Made | Crocheted star tree-topper

After decorating our tree, we realized that we didn't have anything to go on top. We tried to find something at Target and the Dollar Store, but nothing really stood out to us. When that happens, it usually means you should just make it yourself.

So that night we put on Christmas Vacation, and I whipped up this little guy. I used this crochet star pattern, but you can find all kinds on Pinterest, depending on your size needs. It took me less than an hour to make this. First, I crocheted two of these stars in a mustard yarn. Next, I made a mini star pillow out of pieces of felt cut into a smaller star shape. I sewed them together by hand (pretty roughly, since the seams won't show), and then stuffed them with Polyfil before closing it up. Then I sandwiched the pillow between the two crocheted stars and sewed them together with the mustard yarn and a crochet needle. 

I would love to make another one of these with some yarn laced with gold or silver thread. Next up on the Christmas decoration to-make list is a tree skirt. Luckily, Rachel recently posted a tutorial on vintage-inspired tree skirts over at Smile and Wave.
What's on top of your tree?

1 comment:

Christine D. | The Plumed Nest said...

that is so sweet, i absolutely love it! i have a cheap glittery star on my tree, it's nothing fancy but i love it because it looks really vintage and timeless.