Abbie was curious, so here I am. Five things about yours truly:
1. I am a Jane of all trades. If you go into the little office in my apartment, you'll find the tools for all kinds of hobbies. Calligraphy, sewing, knitting, crocheting, painting, drawing, writing...you name it, I've tried it. I am a frequenter of JoAnn Fabrics, Artists & Craftsman Supply, Blick: anywhere that sells supplies. Now I just need to work on mastering one of those trades...
2. I consider myself a shy-ish reserved person, but not as much as I used to be. After joining the Drama Club in high school (thanks to the encouragement of Cyndi), I started to come out of my shell a bit. I haven't acted since then, but those are my favorite memories of high school. Sometimes I get teary eyed at plays because I'm so excited for how much fun the actors are probably having. Which brings us to...
3. I cry. A lot. Movies, commercials, talking about that time I cried about something else: pretty much anything with strong emotion is fair game. It's really the best way for me to express the strongest of my emotions or to release tension. It's usually embarrassing, but it always makes me feel better.
4. I was born in Guam, lived in Saipan for a few years when I was a kid, and have lived all over. For all intents and purposes, I'm from Georgia. I have no accent to speak of, but my facial features sometimes give people pause and wonder where I'm from. My mom's parents had a mix of Chinese, Filipino, Chamorro, so I usually just answer "Pacific Islander," which doesn't really mean anything to anyone but me.
5. Ice cream is my favorite food. I try to tell myself that my love of broccoli and brussels sprouts help even that out, but I'm not fooling anyone. (No, I don't have a favorite flavor, they're all delicious.)
I'd love to hear what Cyndi, Tracy, Heather, Eliza, and TJ have to say! (If you've already done one of these, leave me the link!)