11.14.2013

Made | Capucine (A Hat, Not a Drink!)

I did it again! I knit an entire hat that fits my gigantic head! I've had this chunky mustard yarn for over a year now; it was one of those yarns I bought because I wanted to curl up next to it, but then I just couldn't find a project that lived up to its snuggliness. I'm glad I waited until I gave knitting a try again because this was worth the wait. This pattern is a mix between a hood and a hat—a hood hat, if you will. Though I'll warn you now that every time I say "hood hat," I think "hood rat." Unfortunate.
I used the Capucine pattern from Ravelry (add me!), and I loved it. I haven't added a pompom or tassels yet, and I'm not sure if I will. Maybe I'll just make a second one to try out those accessories on. 

This little lady knit up pretty fast—all in one Sunday while Mike was at a conference. I watched The Company Men and multiple episodes of How I Met Your Mother. I love how knitting makes me feel productive while I rot my brain with TV. Maybe I should invest in some audiobooks.

And now some strangely lit photos from my living room! 
And then, for some reason, this:
I'm in full-on winter knitting mode, and I have big plans for Christmas presents this year. I highly recommend this pattern if you're looking for something a little different than the usual knit hat. You can't really wear a ponytail or a bun with it, but really, what hat can you successfully wear an updo with? Just put your hair up/arms down when you get there. It's cold; nobody looks good.

The things I learned:

  • When you don't have dpns in the right size needles, you can improvise with regular needles. It takes a lot more time and effort, but you can rig up any situation if you're willing enough.
  • Knitting needles don't taste that great.
  • I'm an awful self-photographer.
But seriously, this was such a simple project that after completing the Vogue trapper hat, this was a piece of cake. What are you knitting up these days? 

No comments: